Thanks to the New Theatre for providing this fantastic prize
Cardiff’s New Theatre will open Wales’ biggest pantomime in just over a week’s time with Beauty and the Beast running from Saturday 8 December to Sunday 13 January.
Read on to discover more about the show and for a chance to win a family ticket for a performance of your choice between Tuesday 8 and Friday 11 January 2019.
Beauty and the Beast is a gorgeous traditional pantomime, packed full of laugh-out-loud comedy, audience participation, music, dance and special effects that will enthral people of all ages.
Dreaming of a happier life, the beautiful Belle finds herself transported to a cursed castle and held captive by a hideous beast. To her surprise, the castle is full of magical characters placed under a spell by an evil enchantress. Can Belle see beyond the monster and fall in love with her captor before the last petal falls from the enchanted rose? Or will the Beast’s selfishness cost him the world he once knew and the hand of the girl who has melted his heart?
The cast of Beauty and the Beast include actress, presenter, panellist and author Lisa Riley playing Mrs Pots. Lisa is best known for her role as Mandy Dingle in ITV1’s soap Emmerdale and appearing on Strictly Come Dancing. She’s also had roles in Fat Friends, Waterloo Road and Holby City and is a popular panellist on Loose Women.
Gareth ‘Alfie’ Thomas returns to the New Theatre pantomime for a fourth season following his performance as the Wicked Queen’s Henchman last year. He plays a character called… Alfie!
The Bridgend-born rugby player is one of the most iconic and respected figures in the sporting world, having played professional rugby for Wales and is one of the most capped Welsh rugby union players in history. Since retiring he has gone on to forge a career in commentating for Sky Sports, has appeared on reality shows including Celebrity Big Brother and Dancing on Ice and fronted documentaries for the BBC.
Making his sixth consecutive Cardiff appearance, the city’s best-loved dame Mike Doyle will join them as Betty Blumenthal. The British Comedy Award winner, singer, comedian and cabaret star has become a popular fixture of the annual New Theatre pantomime thanks to his quick wit, outrageous costumes and audience interaction.
Ben Richards plays the Beast, a role he previously played in Beauty and the Beast in Nottingham last year. Ben is a familiar face on TV having starred in Footballers’ Wives Holby City, The Bill, Doctors and Hollyoaks as well as leading roles in theatre productions including Priscilla, Queen of the Desert Oliver! 9 to 5 and Rock of Ages. Most recently Ben starred as the titular character in The Bodyguard opposite Beverley Knight at the Dominion Theatre, London, which broke Box Office attendance records. Ben will play the Beast in this year’s pantomime.
Joining them as the arrogant local hunter vying for Belle’s affections, will be Danny Bayne who rose to fame winning the coveted role of Danny Zuko in the musical Grease at the Piccadilly Theatre from the ITV talent search Grease is the Word.
In her first year as a panto baddie, Stephanie Webber returns to the New Theatre for a third year to star as Deadly Nightshade. Cardiff born Stephanie graduated from the Arden School of Theatre, before going on to appear on television including BBC One talent search The Voice, where she received the fastest reaction from will.i.am upon hearing her spectacular singing voice. She has since appeared at the New Theatre opposite David Hasselhoff as Mimi the Mermaid in Peter Pan and the title role of Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs last year.
With over 60,000 theatregoers attending the New Theatre pantomime each year, including last year’s record breaking Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, people are encouraged to book as early as possible to secure seats.
Beauty and the Beast is at the New Theatre Cardiff from Saturday 8 December to Sunday 13 January 2019. Tickets range from £18 to £39 and are available by calling the box office on 029 2087 8889 or from the website.
Win a family ticket to see Beauty and the Beast at the New Theatre Cardiff
For a chance to win a family ticket to see Beauty and the Beast leave your answer to this question on the Beauty and the Beast post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
The prize can be used for any performance between Tuesday 8 and Friday 11 January 2019 (Tuesday 8 1.30pm and 6pm; Wednesday 9 1.30pm and 7pm; Thursday 10 1.30pm and 7pm; Friday 11 1.30pm and 7pm).
Deadline for entries is Wednesday 5 December 11.59pm.
Q. What is the name of the former Welsh rugby player who stars in the New Theatre Cardiff’s 2018/19 pantomime Beauty and the Beast?
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of a family ticket (up to two adults and two children or one adult and three children) to see Beauty and the Beast at the New Theate Cardiff.
- The prize can be used for any performance between Tuesday 8 and Friday 11 January 2019 (Tuesday 8 1.30pm and 6pm; Wednesday 9 1.30pm and 7pm; Thursday 10 1.30pm and 7pm; Friday 11 1.30pm and 7pm).
- There is no alternative prize and tickets are non-transferable. Tickets cannot be used for any other performances and the prize cannot be applied retrospectively for tickets already purchased.
- Closing date for entries is Wednesday 5 December 2018, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Beauty and the Beast ticket giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of Cardiff’s New Theatre or anyone associated with the pantomime may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.