Cardiff Open Air Theatre Festival is one of the highlights of the summer for theatre fans in South Wales
Taking place in Sophia Gardens, this year’s festival is already in full swing with six shows throughout June and July. The grown-ups have already had Spamalot and Hello Cabaret in the Park. The Vicar of Dibley is currently playing with Macbeth still to come, from Everyman Theatre, while Everyman Youth Theatre present Twelfth Night.
And for families, Disney’s Aladdin Junior opens on Saturday 22nd July, running until Saturday 29th July, with Andgo amateur youth theatre group continuing the festival’s run of Disney adaptations of recent years.
The Junior shows are condensed hour-long versions of the classic Disney animated films, featuring favourite characters and much-loved songs.
There are 16 performances during the run, with tickets costing £10 per person, or £34 for a family of four. While the cast are on an open stage, the audience will be seated under cover, meaning the shows will go ahead in all but the most extreme weather.
Based on the 1992 animated musical movie, Aladdin transports the audience to Agrabah, the city of enchantment. It follows street urchin Aladdin as he battles to save Princess Jasmine from the evil sorcerer Jafar. Aladdin’s life is transformed when he discovers a genie inside a magic lamp, who grants his wishes. Musical numbers include Friend Like Me and A Whole New World.
Disney’s Aladdin Junior runs at Cardiff Open Air Theatre from Saturday 22nd-Saturday 29th July. For more information, visit the website.
WIN a family ticket to see Disney’s Aladdin Junior
You could be there for free with this fantastic giveaway to win a family ticket.
The ticket will admit four people (2 adults + 2 children or 3+1), with the winner able to choose to attend any of the performances, subject to availability.
For a chance to win, leave your answer to this question on the Aladdin post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Closing date for entries is 11.59pm on Wednesday 12th July 2017.
Q. What is the name of the princess in Disney’s Aladdin?
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of a family ticket (1+3 or 2+2) to see Aladdin at Sophia Gardens Cardiff at any of the performances from Saturday 22nd-Saturday 28th
- There is no alternative prize.
- Closing date for entries is Wednesday 12th July 2017, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Aladdin ticket giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted by 9am on Monday 17th July, the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Don’t forget to follow Cardiff Mummy Says on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram