Win a family ticket for Alice In Wonderland at Cardiff’s Sherman Theatre plus children’s lunchboxes, ice cream and a personalised letter from Santa (ad)
Paid collaboration with the Sherman Theatre Cardiff
Cardiff’s Sherman Theatre create incredible children’s theatre every Christmas, with shows for younger and older children. Watching them has become one of my favourite annual festive family traditions and this year we are looking forward to seeing Little Red Riding Hood (for age 3+) and Alice in Wonderland (for age 7+). We’ll be reviewing both shows in due course – but in the meantime I’m excited to be running this fantastic giveaway to win a family ticket to see Alice in Wonderland at 2pm on Saturday 8 December.
Alice in Wonderland runs from Friday 23 November to Saturday 29 December. It follows the Sherman’s success with previous stage adaptations of classic children’s books including The Wind in the Willows, The Borrowers, The Lion The Witch and The Wardrobe, and Arabian Nights.
This bold and imaginative staging of Mike Kenny’s adaptation of Lewis Carroll’s classic book will be the final production from artistic director Rachel O’Riordan who has achieved much critical acclaim at the theatre’s helm over the last few years.
A talented cast of actor-musicians, stunning sets and costumes, and (tea)pots of fun combine to bring this much-loved classic to life.
Full of enchantment, dazzlingly imaginative sets and costumes, live music and wacky fun Alice in Wonderland promises to be a magical adventure that the whole family will love.
Follow Alice down the rabbit hole to meet all of your favourite characters. Catch up with the White Rabbit (he’s still running late) or join the Mad Hatter for tea; just mind the Queen of Hearts doesn’t see you or it will be “off with your head”.
At the heart of this production are an all Welsh / Wales-based cast and creative team. An exceptional ensemble cast of actor musicians, many familiar to Sherman Theatre audiences, will bring to life some of the best loved characters in all children’s literature. James Ifan steps into the shoes of the Mad Hatter, last year’s Chief Weasel (The Wind in the Willows); Hannah McPake returns in 2018 as the Queen of Hearts; Francois Pandolfo (The Motherf**ker with the Hat) plays Tweedledee to Alexandria Riley’s Tweedledum (The Motherf**ker with the Hat, The Cherry Orchard and How My Light Is Spent), Elin Phillips (Milwr yn y Meddwl, The Emperor’s New Clothes / Dillad Newydd yr Ymerawdwr, The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe) is the Cheshire Cat; Sherman Christmas show veteran Keiron Self (Roger in My Family) plays the Duchess; Joseph Tweedale (The Borrowers and The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe) plays the White Rabbit, and Elian West makes her Sherman Theatre debut as Alice. Gagglebabble co-founder (with Hannah McPake) Lucy Rivers is Composer and Musical Director.
Tickets are on sale now priced from £16-£26 with children and under 25s half price and £2 off for concessions. Book online here or call the box office on 029 2064 6900. The show lasts two hours including one interval.
For younger children Little Red Riding Hood – and the Welsh-language version Y Hugan Fach Goch – will be performed in the more relaxed studio space from Monday 3 to Saturday 29 December.
Full of charm, songs and fun, this new version of the classic tale is the perfect Christmas treat for children aged three to six and their families
Visiting her beloved Granny on her own for the first time, Little Red Riding Hood rushes through the woods. A chance meeting with the hungry Wolf makes her realise she’s missing all the beauty in her surroundings. She slows down and weaves her way to Granny’s picking flowers as she goes. But with the Wolf on his way to Granny’s house too, she mustn’t take too long.
Tickets for Little Red Riding Hood and Y Hugan Fach Goch cost £9 and can be booked online here or by calling the box office on 029 2064 6900.
Win a family ticket for Alice in Wonderland at Cardiff’s Sherman Theatre
One lucky family will see the show for free thanks to this amazing giveaway that includes not only watching the show from four of the best seats in the house but also free programmes, a lunchbox meal for the children, a letter from Santa, and ice creams all round at the interval.
The prize is for the 2pm performance on Saturday 8 December (up to two adults and two children or one adult and three children up to the age of 16).
The prize must be taken on this date and cannot be transferred to any other performance.
As well as watching the show the winner will also receive:
– a free programme for every member
– a free lunchbox meal for every child in the group to be eaten either before the show starts or afterwards
– a very special letter from Santa Claus for each child in the group, which will be waiting for them on their seats
– ice cream at the interval for every member of the group
For a chance to win leave your answer to this question on the Alice in Wonderland post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page. Closing date for entries is Friday 23 November at 11.59pm. Good luck!
Q. “Off with their heads” is the catchphrase of
which character from Alice in Wonderland?
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of a family ticket (up to two adults and two children or one adult and three children) for the 2pm performance of Alice in Wonderland at the Sherman Theatre Cardiff on Saturday 8 December. The prize also includes a programme for every member of the party; children’s lunchbox meals before or after the show; a letter from Santa on the child’s chair ready for the start of the show; ice cream during the interval for every member of the winning party.
- There is no alternative prize and tickets cannot be transferred to another performance. The prize cannot be applied retrospectively for tickets already booked on this date.
- Closing date for entries is Friday 23 November 2018, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Alice in Wonderland giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- The Sherman Theatre will need to contact the winner to confirm details regarding the letter from Santa Claus and the lunchboxes.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of Sherman Theatre and anyone associated with the production may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Leave a Reply