There’s a real treat for families this week as The Gruffalo’s Child Live on Stage comes back to Cardiff. Read on for details of how you could be there for free thanks to an amazing giveaway from The New Theatre for a family ticket to see the show.
One wild and windy night the Gruffalo’s Child ignores her father’s warnings about the Big Bad Mouse and tiptoes out into the deep dark wood. She follows snowy tracks and encounters mysterious creatures. But the Big Bad Mouse doesn’t really exist… does he?
Based on the much-loved picture book by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler internationally acclaimed theatre company Tall Stories are coming to Cardiff’s New Theatre from 2-5 August as part of a major UK and international tour. This season forms part of Tall Stories’ 21st anniversary season and will showcase the production’s new set and costumes, direct from a smash-hit West End season.
The 55-minute show combines songs, laughs and familiar characters and is suitable for children aged three and up and their families.
The Gruffalo’s Child is produced by award-winning theatre company Tall Stories – a creative force whose productions include The Gruffalo, the Olivier Award Nominated Room on the Broom, The Snail and the Whale and The Snow Dragon. The creative team includes director Olivia Jacobs, creative producer Toby Mitchell, designer Isla Shaw, composers Jon Fiber and Andy Shaw of JollyGoodTunes and lighting designer James Whiteside.
The Gruffalo’s Child is at the New Theatre Cardiff from Thursday 2 to Sunday 5 August 2018 with tickets costing from £10.50 to £14.50 for adults and £9.50 for under 16s.
For more information or to book call the box office on 029 2087 8889 or visit the website.
WIN A FAMILY TICKET
One lucky family will be watching The Gruffalo’s Child for free thanks to this fantastic giveaway from The New Theatre.
The prize includes a family ticket (1 adult + 3 children or 2 adults + 2 children) for the 2pm performance on Thursday 2 August.
For a chance to win please leave the answer to the following question on the Gruffalo’s Child giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Q. Name the author and illustrator team
behind The Gruffalo’s Child picture book.
Be quick though as the closing date for entries is Monday 30 July at 11.59pm.
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of a family ticket (up to two adults and two children or one adult and three children) to the 2pm performance of The Gruffalo’s Child on Thursday 2 August 2018.
- There is no alternative prize and tickets can not be exchanged for any other performance.
- Closing date for entries is Monday 30 July, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of The Gruffalo’s Child giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within 24 hours the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of New Theatre Cardiff and Tall Stories theatre company may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.