Win a family ticket to Seussical Jr at Cardiff Open Air Theatre Festival this July
The madcap world of Dr Seuss comes to the stage this summer as Cardiff Open Air Theatre Festival stages Seussical Jr, an unforgettable musical caper featuring some of the author’s most famous characters. Tickets are on sale now from the festival website or box office (0333 666 3366) priced £10 per person or £35 for a family of four.
One lucky Cardiff Mummy Says reader and their family could be there for free thanks to this fantastic giveaway from the festival organisers for a family ticket to their choice of performance of Seussical Jr between Saturday 21 and Saturday 28 July. Keep reading for full details of how to enter!
With music and lyrics from Broadway legends Stephen Flaherty and Lynn Ahern respectively, Seussical Jr will transport audiences from the Jungle of Nool to the Circus McGurkus as the Cat in the Hat narrates the story of Horton the Elephant. When Horton discovers a speck of dust containing tiny people called the Whos he must protect them from danger, as well as guarding an abandoned egg that’s been left in his care by the irresponsible Mayzie La Bird. Although Horton faces ridicule, danger and a trial, the intrepid Gertrude McFuzz never loses faith in him. The powers of friendship, loyalty, family and community are challenged and ultimately emerge triumphant.
One of the city’s annual theatre highlights, Cardiff Open Air Theatre Festival from Everyman Theatre brings together a variety of shows each summer including a Shakespearean play, a musical, a comedy production and a family show suitable for young children.
Seussical Jr is an hour-long show aimed at children aged 2 two to 10 and their families. It’s performed by cast of local children and teenagers and is staged by AndGo Productions, marking their sixth stint at the festival following success with Alice in Wonderland, The Little Mermaid, Beauty and the Beast, Peter Pan and Aladdin.
The festival takes place in Cardiff’s Sophia Gardens and attracts more than 15,000 visitors a year. Performances go ahead whatever the weather (other than the most extreme conditions!) and while the stage is open, all seating is under cover and numbered.
This year’s event runs from Thursday 21 June to Saturday 28 July with the full programme including:
The Merchant of Venice from 21-30 June
Dad’s Army from 5-14 July
Fiddler On The Roof from 19-28 July
And Seussical Jr from 21-28 July
Other one-off events during the festival include Stand Up In The Park on Sunday 24 June; Sing-a-long The Rocky Horror Picture Show film screening on Sunday 1 July; and Hello Cabaret In The Park on Sunday 8 July.
WIN A FAMILY TICKET TO SEUSSICAL JR
One lucky Cardiff Mummy Says reader will win a family ticket (two adults plus two children or one adult plus three children) for Seussical Jr for a performance of their choice from Saturday 21-Saturday 28 July (subject to availability).
For a chance to win just answer this simple question and leave your answer on the Seussical Jr giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Q. What dates does Seussical Jr run
as part of Cardiff Open Air Theatre Festival.
Deadline for entries is 11.59pm on Sunday 22 April 2018 Good luck!
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of a family ticket (up to two adults and two children or one adult and three children) to any performance of Seussical Jr at Cardiff Open Air Theatre Festival 2018 (subject to availability). Tickets must be pre-booked with the event organisers).
- There is no alternative prize.
- Closing date for entries is Sunday 22 April, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Seussical Jr giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted by 11.59pm on Sunday 29 April 2018 the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees/volunteers and their relatives of Cardiff Open Air Theatre Festival; AndGo Productions and Everyman Theatre may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Leave a Reply