Paid partnership with Amgueddfa Cymru – Museum Wales
Get ready for a museum adventure like no other as Amgueddfa Cymru – Museum Wales hosts another of its award-winning Sleepover At Home digital events.
Following successful digital events exploring dinosaurs, outer space, and the Romans, this time the theme is the Natural World, as participants will discover more about insects, marine life, and endangered species; join a live video call to a South African safari to spot some elephants; build bird feeders and butterfly seed bombs; plus lots more.
The event takes place in the comfort of your own home from 2pm on Saturday 13 August until 10am on Sunday 14 August, with a pre-recorded programme of activities for families to take part in (meaning you can adjust the timetable to fit your family).
Tickets cost £5 per family (plus Eventbrite fees) with the event aimed at children aged 4-12 and their families.
Read on to find out how one lucky family will be taking part for free, thanks to this fantastic giveaway.
Here’s what participants at the At Home Sleepover will be doing:
- Set up camp, make your own binoculars, and get ready for a Museum adventure like no other.
- Go behind the scenes to the Museum stores, to discover where insects, marine life, and endangered species are hiding.
- Binoculars at the ready… join a live video call to a South African safari to spot some elephants!
- -Ever wondered what edible insects taste like?! Keep energy levels high and prepare Jungle Juice, Dirt Dessert, and Bug Grub *edible* snacks.
- Explore land, sea and sky in our virtual Natural History gallery, before testing your knowledge in an online quiz.
- Wind down and join a special bedtime yoga session – then return to camp to dream of majestical sea creatures, swimming freely in the ocean.
- Wake up bright and early for birdwatching, before building bird feeders and butterfly seed bombs that will help protect and pollinate our land.
You can take part in English, Welsh (other than the live Safari call, elements of behind the scenes, and a messages from Folly Farm and Lizzie Daly, which will be in English) or BSL.
Also related to this event, is the Wildlife Photographer of the Year exhibition, currently at National Museum Cardiff until 29 August. Read our review here or see our reel on the Cardiff Mummy Says Instagram post.
For more information including how to book, visit the Sleepover At Home Natural World information page here.
– This event is aimed at children aged 4 to 12.
– This is an online event for you to enjoy at home. Tickets to this event are NOT for a physical visit to National Museum Cardiff.
– There are a limited number of tickets available. Tickets must be booked in advance.
– The event will start at 1pm and will end at 10am the following morning.
– A downloadable sleepover essentials guide and other resources will be available in advance to help you plan your sleepover experience.
– Most content has been pre-recorded but will be shown as live. We recommend that you follow the programme in order, but you can enjoy the activities at your own pace.
– The digital content will be available to ticketholders between 12.45pm Saturday 13 August and 10am Monday 15 August. The content will no longer be available after the timeframe has passed.
– Please purchase 1 ticket for every group or family. You will be asked to provide attendee names at checkout for competition purposes.
– All materials and activities supplied for this event will be bilingual (Welsh & English) excluding the live Safari call, elements of behind the scenes, and a messages from Folly Farm and Lizzie Daly. These activities will be delivered in the facilitators’ first language, which is English.
WIN a family ticket for Museum Wales’ Natural World ‘Sleepover At Home’ Event
One lucky family will be able to take part in the Sleepover At Home event for free, thanks to this fantastic giveaway from Amgueddfa Cymru.
Up for grabs is one family ticket, which includes access to the Sleepover event and activities and a downloadable sleepover essentials guide and other resources to help plan for the sleepover experience. The ticket is available through the medium of Welsh, English or BSL.
For a chance to win, leave the answer to this question on the Amgueddfa Cymru Sleepover At Home post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Q. On which dates will the
Natural World Sleepover At Home take place?
Closing date for entries is 11.59pm, Monday 1 August 2022.
Full terms and conditions are below.
Terms and conditions:
- There is ONE prize, consisting of one family ticket for Amgueddfa Cymru – Museum Wales’ digital event, Sleepover At Home: Natural World.
- The winner will need to supply a valid email address to claim their prize.
- There is no alternative prize and no cash alternative.
- Closing date for entries is Monday 1 August 2022, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of Amgueddfa Cymru – Museum Wales’ Sleepover At Home: Natural World giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The Facebook winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of Amgueddfa Cymru – Museum Wales or anyone else associated with the event may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.