One of the highlights of the South Wales foodie scene, Cowbridge Food and Drink Festival takes place on Sunday 28th and Bank Holiday Monday 29th May 2017 – and you could be there for free with this ticket giveaway.
The event sees food and drink producers from across Wales descend upon the market town in the Vale of Glamorgan. More than 100 stalls will be selling everything from locally produced cheeses and locally farmed meat to wood-fired pizzas, chocolate brownies and local beers and wine – with plenty of samples available so you can try before you buy.
The weekend will see cooking demonstrations and talks, with highlights including Alana Spencer, the Welsh winner of BBC’s The Apprentice and founder of baked goods company Ridiculously Rich, divulging some trade secrets, and local duo The History Chefs, with their interactive and educational sessions with demo and taste sessions including an Ancient Roman cheesecake, a pre-historic strew and a wartime eggless sponge.
There’s plenty for families too, with crafts, face painting, birds of prey, a pottery wheel, live music, and magician Simon Sparkles (Monday 9.30am at Vale Forge and 11am at Old Hall). Make and Take Your Own Tea gives 3-7 year olds the chance to make their own pizza to take home to cook (limited spaces available). Changing facilities and feeding rooms will be available at Vale Forge and Fringe sites.
There’s also the chance to see one of Ty Hafan’s Snow Dogs. The festival are working with the children’s hospice to raise money by decorating a Snow Dog (puppy). Visitors will also be able to see one of the completed Snow Dog Trail exhibits – the Sundog – designed and created by eminent Cardiff artist Seth Oliver. Visitors to the festival will have the chance to decorate the snow dog puppy with their finger/thumb prints for a minimum £1 donation.
WIN tickets to Cowbridge Food and Drink Festival 2017
Two families could be there for free with this giveaway. There are two prizes up for grabs, each consisting of a pair of weekend passes. The tickets can be used by anyone over the age of 12. Any under 12s in your party are free and will be issued with entry wristbands.
Each of the winners will also receive two glasses of Prosecco or soft drink at the Tin Can Filly Bar, an old horse box newly kitted out as a bar for outside events.
For a chance to win, leave the answer to this question on the Cowbridge Food and Drink Festival post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Q. How much does a weekend pass cost for
Cowbridge Food and Drink Festival 2017?
Closing date for entries is Thursday 18th May 2017, 11.59pm.
Terms and conditions:
- There are two prizes, each consisting of two weekend passes to the 2017 Cowbridge Food and Drink Festival, which runs on Sunday 28th and Bank Holiday 29th May 2017, plus two glasses of prosecco or soft drink at Tin Can Filly Bar.
- There is no alternative prize.
- Closing date for entries is Thursday 18th May 2017, 11.59pm.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Cowbridge Food and Drink Festival post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a direct reply to their comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted by 9am on Monday 22nd May, the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Don’t forget to follow Cardiff Mummy Says on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.