This week we’re eating…. Cardiff Daddy’s awesome potato wedges
Just looking at the photo of these awesome potato wedges makes me hungry! They are so tasty and are always completely devoured by all our friends and family whenever Cardiff Daddy makes them. They are perfect for parties and barbecues as you can cook them beforehand and then quickly warm them up in the oven when your guests arrive. They are great served with a salsa dip or garlic mayonnaise. On the rare occasions there are any left over, I even love them cold the next day.
Cardiff Daddy tends to make this recipe up as he goes along so all measurements are approximate. Sometimes the herbs vary a bit, depending on what we’ve got in the house, but whatever he uses, they always taste amazing. You can add a couple of teaspoons of chilli flakes if you like them spicy. If you’re catering for children, you might wish to make a separate batch with less salt and less herbs. Enjoy!
Ingredients (serves 8-10 people)
1kg bag of white potatoes
4 garlic cloves, crushed
100ml olive oil
2 teaspoons of dried oregano
2 teaspoons of dried paprika
2 teaspoons of dried rosemary
2 teaspoons of dried thyme
A good sprinkling of salt (if you’re making these for small children, you may wish to leave out the salt)
A good sprinkling of ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees, gas mark 4.
- Wash, but don’t peel, the potatoes, and cut the potato length-ways into wedges.
- Pour the oil into a large bowl, add all the herbs, garlic salt and pepper, and give it a good mix.
- Put the potatoes into the bowl in small batches, using a spoon to make sure they are fully coated with the oil and herb mixture. Put them on a large baking tray (you’ll need a few trays for a whole bag of potatoes).
- Cook for 50 minutes, until golden brown, turning midway through.
You can see all my tried and tested family recipes here.
Come join me on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page, or tweet me on @cardiffmummy
If you like my blog, it would mean so much to me if you would nominate me in the Fresh New Voice category for the Brilliance In Blogging parenting blog awards.
The five blogs with the most nominations will make it through to the voting stages, along with five chosen by the judges. The awards are so competitive that every nomination counts – I would love it if you would take a moment to nominate me, before midnight on 12th April!
You can read more about it here.
Leave a Reply