Paid collaboration with Jammie Dodgers Oaty Bites
“What’s our snack Mummy? What’s to eat? I’m starving!”
The minute I collect my children from school this is the chorus I am usually greeted with.
No “How are you, Mummy?” or “Hey, we did this really cool thing at school today”. Mostly just questions about food. Some days I don’t even get the questions as they dive straight into my handbag to see what they can find to eat.
After a day of learning (or an afternoon in the case of Littlest who is at preschool) my three children – Little Miss E, age eight; Little Man O, age six and three-year-old Littlest Boy I – are ravenous.
I know that if I don’t get a snack into them as soon as possible we are asking for trouble as tempers inevitably begin to flare and the moodiness and arguing begins.
It’s the same at weekends. Alongside their three meals they have a mid-morning and mid-afternoon snack.
We try to keep these as healthy as we can – fruit; bread sticks; homemade popcorn or sugar-free flapjacks.
Of course, some days there are full-on treats – a chocolate bar or cake perhaps. I’m not that mean!
Some days it’s somewhere in between with ‘healthier treats’ and our latest discovery in this camp is Oaty Bites from Jammie Dodgers.
No doubt if you’ve attended a birthday party at any point in the last 30 years or so you’ll be familiar with Jammie Dodgers – those irresistible round double layer biscuits with the distinctive heart-shape revealing a layer of jam sandwiched between them, loved by nostalgic grown-ups as much as children.
The all-new Jammie Dodgers Oaty Bites are a lovely twist on an old favourite and the latest addition to the ‘mini biscuits for children’ market aimed predominately at children age 3-5. They retain the familiar flavour of the biscuits we know and love but are a healthier choice. And as they come in small individual packets there’s less temptation to finish off the packet when the kids are in bed.
So here’s the healthy credentials. Oaty Bites are made with wholegrain oats and raspberry fruit pieces. They contain no artificial colours or flavours; no preservatives; no artificial sweeteners; no hydrogenated fats; no GM ingredients; plus they’re suitable for vegetarians.
They do contain dairy, gluten and they do contain some sugar – 4.9g per packet. This is lower than most children’s mini biscuits on the market and about the same percentage as most children’s yoghurts.
The snacks were launched earlier this month and we were lucky to be sent a box to review. Littlest loved them – they’re aimed at his age group, after all. Miss E is at an age where she doesn’t want things which she thinks are ‘for little children’ but she and Little Man couldn’t wait to taste them and are now huge fans too. I even saw Cardiff Daddy sneaking a pack for himself when he thought no one was looking.
So Jammie Dodgers Oaty Bites get the thumbs up in our house.
If you’d like to try them for yourself they’re on sale now costing £1.69 RRP for five packs of 25g. Or you could try to win a month’s supply with this fantastic giveaway.
Win a month’s supply of Jammie Dodgers Oaty Bites
This is such a fab prize! One lucky reader will receive a cardboard box filled with Jammie Dodgers Oaty Bites – 12 multipacks each containing five 25g snack-size packs to be precise!
For a chance to win just answer the following question and leave the answer on the Jammie Dodgers Oaty Bites post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Closing date for entries is Sunday 4th February 2018, 11.59pm.
Q. How many individual mini bags of
Jammie Dodgers Oaty Bites does each multi-pack contain?
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of a box of Jammie Dodgers Oaty Bites which contains 12 multi-packs each containing 5 x 25g packs.
- There is no alternative prize.
- Closing date for entries is Sunday 4th February 2018, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Jammie Dodgers Oaty Bites giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted by 11.59pm on Friday 9th February 2018 the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees or relatives of those employed by Jammie Dodgers and Burtons Biscuits may not enter this giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.