The Scarecrows’ Wedding is coming to Cardiff’s Sherman Theatre next month – and you could be there with this fantastic giveaway for a family ticket!
Based on the popular children’s story, The Scarecrows’ Wedding tells of two scarecrows, Betty O’Barley and Harry O’Hay, who are planning the perfect wedding. However, the devilishly smooth scarecrow Reginald Rake has other ideas and plans to ruin their special day. Can Harry save the day so that he and Betty can have the wedding of their dreams?
The book is written by Julia Donaldson and illustrated by Axel Scheffler, the creative duo behind some of the most popular children’s books of recent years, including The Gruffalo, Room on the Broom and Stick Man.
The acclaimed Scamp Theatre and Watford Palace Theatre are continuing in their tradition of adapting Donaldson’s works for the stage, with The Scarecrows’ Wedding currently touring the UK.
It was a huge success on the West End, with The Stage calling it “Enchanting and hilarious. Bags of sheer family fun” and the Daily Mail calling it “Charming and cheerful. These scarecrows will make every child smile.”
The Scarecrows’ Wedding will be at Cardiff’s Sherman Theatre next month, with three performances: Wednesday 7th June at 5pm and Thursday 8th June at 11am and 1.30pm
The show is around an hour in length and suitable for children aged 3 and above and their families. Tickets cost £9 and can be booked online or by calling the box office on 029 2064 6900.
You can watch the trailer here:
WIN A FAMILY TICKET!
You could be there for free with this giveaway for a family ticket for either the 11am or 1.30pm performances on Thursday 8th June.
For a chance to win, just answer this simple question on the post for The Scarecrows’ Wedding on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Q. What is the name of the scarecrow who tries to stop
Harry O’Hay and Betty O’Barley from getting married?
Closing date for entries is: Friday 12th May, 11.59pm
Terms and conditions:
- The prize consists of four tickets for the either the 11am or 1.30pm performance of The Scarecrows’ Wedding at the Sherman Theatre Cardiff on Thursday 8th June 2017. There must be a minimum of one child and all children under 16 must be accompanied by an adult.
- There is no alternative prize.
- Closing date for entries is Friday 12th May 2017, 11.59pm.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of The Scarecrows’ Wedding post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a direct reply to their comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner has not made contact with Cardiff Mummy Says by Friday 19th May, the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott of Cardiff Mummy Says may not enter this competition.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Get the book here!