Paid collaboration with the Sherman Theatre
Described by The Guardian as “Wonderful work that celebrates the possibilities of theatre” and as “Truly magical…captivating…hauntingly real” by The Scotsman, Indefinite Article’s stage adaptation of Pinocchio comes to Cardiff’s Sherman Theatre this Thursday 1 June.
Suitable for children aged 4+ and their families, tickets for the 60 minute performance cost £10, with two performances at 11am and 1.30pm. You can find out more about the performance, and book tickets, on the Sherman Theatre’s website here.
One Cardiff Mummy Says reader and their family will be there for free, thanks to this fantastic giveaway.
The prize includes a family ticket for four (must include at least one adult and at least one child) and can be used at any of the performances, subject to availability.
Steve Tiplady (former artistic director of Little Angel Theatre) plays Geppetto, using the objects of a carpenter’s workshop to tell the tale of the puppet that wants to be a real boy, and the puppet-maker who wants to be a real father.
Pinocchio is carved live on stage, brushes become a fox and the shadow of two saws transforms into a giant shark. There’s an element of improvisation which makes each performance unique to its audience.
Puppetry, shadows, illusion and especially composed music combine to create a show with something for all ages; it’s visually inventive and verbally witty with a big heart.
Award-winning Indefinite Articles are at the forefront of the new wave of British puppetry and have worked with the RSC, Improbable Theatre and the Mighty Boosh.
Win a family ticket to see Pinocchio
For a chance to win, answer this simple question.
Q. What happens to Pinocchio when he tells a lie?
Leave your answer to this question on the Pinocchio giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Closing date for entries is Tuesday 30 May, 11.59pm. The winner will be chosen at random and contacted on Wednesday 31 May.
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of a family ticket (includes up to four tickets and must include at least one adult and at least one child) to see Pinocchio at Sherman Theatre Cardiff on Thursday 1 June. The winner can choose either the 11am or 1.30pm performance, subject to availability.
- There is no alternative prize and tickets are non-transferable. The tickets cannot be used for any other performances or at any other venue.
- Closing date for entries is Tuesday 30 May 2023 at, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Pinocchio giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. Due to the time sensitive nature of this giveaway, if the winner cannot be contacted within 12 hours the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of Sherman Theatre Cardiff, Indefinite Articles or anyone associated with the performance may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.