I’ve been chatting to my children about new year’s resolutions today and talking about how lots of grown ups make changes at the start of a new year of things they would like to do differently or areas of their life they’d like to improve. I’m not sure if they’ve grasped the concept yet as there were mutterings of watching more Paw Patrol and eating more chocolate – so I’ve come up with a few handy little suggestions of resolutions I’d like Little Miss E, age 6, Little Man O, age 4, and Toddler Boy I, 21 months to make.
Yes, I know it’s wishful thinking and yes, tongue is firmly in cheeky, but oh, how I wish my children would stick to all of these for the whole of 2016 and beyond.
- We resolve never to wake up before 7am.
- We resolve to always eat what’s on our plates without complaining.
- We resolve to always put our shoes/coats on the first time we are asked.
- We resolve to tidy away our toys without being asked.
- I, Toddler Boy I, resolve not to time my explosive nappies with the school run.
- We resolve not to have tantrums, particularly over things that are merely down to our parents looking out for our best interests.
- We especially resolve to have no more tantrums over such things things when in public.
- We, as siblings, resolve not to fight and argue with each other and to always share our toys nicely.
- We resolve to let mummy go to the toilet in peace once in a while, and to maybe even allow her an uninterrupted shower every now and again too.