Paid collaboration with the Sherman Theatre
If you saw our review of A Christmas Carol at the Sherman Theatre earlier in the week, you’ll know how much we adored this magical theatrical experience. It’s funny, heart-warming and filled with incredible performances from a strong cast of actor-musicians. This new adaptation sees Charles Dickens’ classic tale set in Cardiff, Scrooge is the richest woman in the world – and there’s even an all-singing, all-dancing Christmas tree. Yes, really!
Suitable for those aged 7+, the production is at the Sherman until 31 December. Tickets cost from £16 to £26 with £2 off for concessions and under 25s half price.
I’m thrilled that one lucky Cardiff Mummy Says reader and their family will get to see the show for free thanks to this brilliant giveaway. Read on for details of how to enter.
Go on a thrilling adventure through the streets of Victorian Cardiff with our breath-taking, song filled new production of Charles Dickens’ classic yuletide story A Christmas Carol. A new version of Gary Owen’s adaptation of this much-loved classic is brought to life with magical puppets, set and costumes. Joe Murphy’s spectacular new production features an original score performed by an exceptional cast of actor musicians including the return of familiar faces Hannah McPake (Queen of Hearts in Alice in Wonderland) as Scrooge and Keiron Self (Alice in Wonderland, The Wind in the Willows, The Borrowers) as well as talent fresh to our stage. A family favourite perfect for audiences aged 7 and over.
Ewch ar antur gwefreiddiol trwy strydoedd Caerdydd yn Oes Fictoria gyda’n cynhyrchiad chwilfrydig, llawn cân o stori Nadolig adnabyddus Charles Dickens A Christmas Carol. Daw fersiwn newydd o addasiad Gary Owen o’r stori y’i cerir yn fyw gyda phypedau, set a gwisgoedd hudol. Mae cynhyrchiad newydd trawiadol Joe Murphy yn cynnwys sgôr wreiddiol wedi’i pherfformio gan gast o actor gerddorion eithriadol gan gynnwys wynebau cyfarwydd megis Hannah McPake (Queen of Hearts yn Alice in Wonderland) yn rhan Scrooge a Keiron Self (Alice in Wonderland, Wind in the Willows, The Borrowers) yn ogystal â thalent sy’n newydd i’n llwyfan. Ffefryn teuluol sy’n berffaith i’r rheiny dros 7 mlwydd oed.
One lucky Cardiff Mummy Says reader and their family will be there, thanks to this brilliant giveaway.
The prize includes:
- 4 x tickets to A Christmas Carol at the Sherman Theatre, Cardiff – available for any performance subject to availability.
- A free programme
- Complimentary ice-creams in the interval
- And a letter from Santa for up to 2 children
To be in with a chance of winning, simply leave the answer to the following question on the A Christmas Carol post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Q In which city is the Sherman Theatre’s new production of A Christmas Carol set?
The closing date for entries is Sunday 5 December at 11.59pm. The winner will be chosen on Monday 6 December.
Full terms and conditions are below.
A Christmas Carol is at the Sherman Theatre until 31 December. Tickets cost from £16-£26; £2 off for concessions and under 25s half price. See the Sherman’s website for more information and to book.
Production photos by Richard Hubert Smith.
Terms and conditions
- There is ONE prize, consisting of 4 x tickets (2 x adults and 2 children or 1 adult and 3 children) to A Christmas Carol, available for any performance subject to availability; a free programme, complimentary ice-creams in the interval, and a letter from Santa for up to 2 children.
- The winners will need to supply a valid email address to claim their prize.
- There is no alternative prize and no cash alternative.
- Closing date for entries is Sunday 5 December 2021, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Sherman Theatre A Christmas Carol giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The Facebook winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- In the event of further restrictions causing the cancellation of the performance, the winner will be provided with an tickets to an alternative performance of A Christmas Carol.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of Sherman Theatre may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.