AD: Paid collaboration with National Museum Wales
With Christmas fast approaching, the various National Museums of Wales would normally be getting ready to welcome visitors for all sorts of magical and festive events.
This year, things are different… and instead you can join Father Christmas, Mother Christmas and the mischievous elves for a feast of festive fun from the comfort of your own home.
Father Christmas and Friends: At Home is a digital experience aimed at children aged 3 to 8 years old and their families, where participants will sing, bake, craft and listen to stories through a programme of guided events, all without having to leave their home.
Tickets for the event on Saturday 12 December have already sold out. However, a new date has just been added on Sunday 13 December. Tickets are on sale via Eventbrite for £5 per family plus Eventbrite fees, but be quick as numbers are limited. Read on to find out how one lucky Cardiff Mummy Says winner can take part in the event on Sunday 13 December for free.
The afternoon’s activities will see participants:
- Make some sweet treats with the elves
- Make their own special decorations with Mother Christmas
- Learn about Welsh Christmas traditions
- Test their Christmas knowledge in the Big Christmas Quiz
- Join the Elves for a sing-along to get in the mood for the festive season
- Settle down with Father Christmas for a tale or two in front of the fire
Prior to the event, participants will be sent a downloadable guide with all the essential information needed to plan the Christmas At Home experience. The videos will be pre-recorded but shown as ‘live’. The museum recommends following the programme in order but you can also enjoy the activities at your own pace, with the digital content available between 12pm on Saturday 12 until 6pm on Sunday 13 for the Saturday event; and between 12pm on Sunday 13 December and 6pm on Monday 14 December for the Sunday event.
Tickets are limited and must be booked in advance. You will need one ticket for group or family and will be asked to provide attendee names at checkout.
All materials and activities supplied for this event will be available in Welsh and English. British Sign Language translations are also available for all video content. Please ensure that you select the correct ticket at time of booking.
For more information for the event on Sunday 13 December and to purchase tickets visit the website here.
Your chance to WIN A Father Christmas and Friends: At Home experience with National Museum Wales
One lucky Cardiff Mummy Says reader and their family will enjoy the Father Christmas and Friends: At Home experience for free on Sunday 13 December, thanks to this giveaway from National Museum Wales.
For a chance to win, leave your answer to this simple question on the Father Christmas and Friends: At Home post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Q. Who will be reading stories in front of the fire as part of the
Father Christmas and Friends: At Home experience from National Museum Wales?
Closing date for entries is Sunday 29 November, 11.59pm.
Terms and conditions
- There is ONE prize, consisting of digital access to Father Christmas and Friends: At Home for one family on Sunday 13 December 2020.
- The winners will need to supply a valid email address to claim their prize.
- There is no alternative prize and no cash alternative.
- Closing date for entries is Sunday 29 November 2020, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Father Christmas and Friends giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of National Museum Wales may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.