Advertorial/Paid collaboration with England and Wales Cricket Board
The Hundred – cricket’s revolutionary new competition – returns to Sophia Gardens this summer, bigger and better than ever.
The Hundred fuses blockbuster entertainment with world-class cricket. It’s simple: 100 balls per team, most runs wins, so every ball counts. It’s heartbeat raising, edge-of-your seat entertainment.
Get ready for fast-paced on-field action, with women’s and men’s cricket performing on the same stage, accompanied by DJs, live music artists and family-friendly activities.
This is cricket like never before – and you and your family could get to experience it for free, thanks to this amazing giveaway. Read on for more details.
The Hundred will see eight city-based men’s and women’s teams competing in competitions side by side: Welsh Fire (Cardiff), Southern Brave (Southampton), Northern Superchargers (Leeds), London Spirit, Trent Rockets (Nottingham), Oval Invincibles (London), Manchester Originals and Birmingham Phoenix. Each team features some of the best international and domestic cricketers from around the world, including England Men’s and Women’s World Cup winners.
Welsh Fire will be lighting up Sophia Gardens with four home fixtures right here in Cardiff this summer, starting with a Men’s standalone game on Sunday 7 August, followed by three doubleheader fixtures on Saturday 13 August, Monday 22 August and Friday 26 August.
The home fixtures are as follows (plus you can see the rest of the fixtures in the tournament, including Welsh Fire’s away games) here.
Sunday 7 August
2pm Welsh Fire Vs Oval Invincibles (men)
Saturday 13 August
2.30pm Welsh Fire Vs Birmingham Phoenix (women)
6pm Welsh Fire Vs Birmingham Phoenix (men)
Monday 22 August
3pm Welsh Fire Vs Southern Brave (women)
6.30pm Welsh Fire Vs Southern Brave (men)
Friday 26 August
3.30pm Welsh Fire Vs Northern Superchargers (women)
7pm Welsh Fire Vs Northern Superchargers (men)
Taking place during the summer holidays, The Hundred is a welcoming and inclusive competition, accessible to all, with prices set at £5 for under 16s and free for children five and under, plus plenty of family-friendly entertainment.
Each of the teams also has its own resident DJ, in collaboration with BBC Music, creating a unique live soundtrack that is reflective of their city and the people, players and artists within it.
Merthyr-born Katie Owen will be joining the Welsh Fire team for their home fixtures, with her selected tracks bringing fans right into the action. Katie – who is one of FA Wales’ resident fixture DJs and who toured as DJ for Kasabian in 2021 – will be in full control of the sound of the Welsh team, from walk out music to game reaction sounds and more.
BBC Music and The Hundred are also working together to provide an exciting live music act at each fixture. Sunday 7 August will see Panic Shack performing; Adwaith on Sunday 13 August; Katy J Pearson on Monday 22 August; and Mace The Great on Friday 26 August.
WIN a family ticket for The Hundred at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff
Welsh Fire take on Birmingham Phoenix at on Saturday 13 August in The Hundred, with both the women’s and men’s teams in action at Cardiff’s Sophia Gardens.
You and your family (up to 6 people – must include at least one adult over the age of 18) could be watching it for free with this family ticket giveaway. The prize will also include goodie bags for children in your party, containing Welsh Fire branded items such as sunglasses, lanyard, pen and a soft ball.
For a chance to win, enter by leaving the answer to this question on The Hundred post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Q. In which stadium does Welsh Fire’s game against
Birmingham Phoenix take place on Saturday 13 August?
The closing date for entries is Monday 1 August, 11.59pm. Full terms and conditions below.
Terms and Conditions
- By entering the competition in the way set out in paragraph 8, each entrant is deemed to have accepted, and agrees to be bound by, these Terms and Conditions.
- Promoter: Cathryn Scott
- There is ONE prize, consisting of 6 tickets to watch The Hundred match between Welsh Fire and Birmingham Phoenix at Sophia Gardens, Cardiff on Saturday 13 August 2022. This must include at least one adult over the age of 18 years. The prize will also include a goodie bag of The Hundred merchandise for children in the party.
- The winners will need to supply a valid email address, postal address and phone number to claim their prize.
- The prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, non-exchangeable alternative and there is no cash alternative.
- The entry period shall open on Wednesday 27 July 2022, 8.10pm and shall close at Monday 1 August 2022, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over and legal residents of Great Britain.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of The Hundred giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page during the entry period. Any submission outside of the entry period will not be considered. Entrance to the competition will not be accepted by any other means. A limit of one entry per person applies. The competition is free to enter and no purchase is necessary.
- The winner will be chosen randomly from a computer-generated draw from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner but it is the entrant’s responsibility to monitor Facebook. If the winner does not respond to attempts to contact them within 48 hours of notification being sent, the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cathryn Scott reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cathryn Scott reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cathryn Scott cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of England and Wales Cricket Board Limited, Sophia Gardens Cricket Ground or anyone else associated with The Hundred may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Cathryn Scott reserves the right at any time to refuse entry to the competition or disqualify entries or entrants that she regards as being in breach of these Terms and Conditions, any applicable laws and/or the spirit of the competition.
- Any website on which these Terms and Conditions are posted is only intended to be accessed from Great Britain and where permitted by applicable law. Cathryn Scott makes no representation that materials relating to the competition are appropriate or available for use at other locations. Access to them from territories where their contents are illegal is strictly prohibited.
- If any part of these Terms and Conditions is or becomes invalid, illegal or unenforceable, the validity, legality and enforceability of the rest of these Terms and Conditions will not be affected. Cathryn Scott’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions will not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- If there is a dispute about the competition or these Terms and Conditions, Cathryn Scott’s decision is final. If there is a conflict between these Terms and Conditions and any other document referred to in these Terms and Conditions, these Terms and Conditions take precedence to the extent necessary to resolve the conflict.
- The competition and these Terms and Conditions (and any non-contractual obligations or disputes arising out of or in connection with them) are governed by English law, and any disputes arising in connection with them shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.