Paid collaboration with The Red Dragon Centre
The Chinese New Year begins on 5 February 2019 until 24 January 2020 – and this year is the year of the pig.
The pig is the 12th in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac signs with recent pig years including 1923, 1935, 1947, 1959, 1971, 1983, 1995 and 2007.
People born in the year of the pig are generally thought to be warm-hearted, good-tempered, loyal, honest, and gentle – with their weaknesses being naive, gullible, sluggish and short-tempered. Their lucky numbers are 2, 5 and 8 and their lucky colours are yellow, grey, brown and gold.
To celebrate the Chinese New Year, The Red Dragon Centre is once again hosting a special afternoon of free activities on Saturday 2 February. Plus read on for a chance to win a family meal at the Oriental Garden.
Visitors to the Cardiff Bay entertainment complex can take part in free workshops between 12pm and 4pm, including lantern making, paper cutting and calligraphy, all run by the Cardiff Confucius Institute. Launched in 2008 this a partnership between Xiamen University and Cardiff University promoting Chinese language and culture in Wales and supporting collaboration between Wales and China.
A theatrical Chinese lion will be making appearances at 12.30pm, 2pm and 3.30pm and taking part in traditional dances.
If you want to continue the celebrations with Chinese food, then Oriental Garden will also be serving its all-you-can-eat buffet. They offer a selection of Asian, Western cuisine and fusion food priced at £8.95 for adults and £5.95 for children for lunch (12pm-4.30pm) and £14.95 (adults)/£6.95 (children) for dinner (from 5.30pm) at weekends.
Parking is free to customers for six hours subject to minimum spend and ticket validation.
Full details of the event can be found on The Red Dragon Centre website’s website here.
We’ve previously spent Chinese New Year at The Red Dragon Centre – you can read more about our experience here.
Win a family meal at Oriental Garden at The Red Dragon Centre
To celebrate the Chinese New Year of the Pig, Oriental Garden are offering one family the chance to dine for free as part of this great giveaway.
The prize is a complimentary all-you-can-eat buffet meal for four (two adults and two children or one adult and three children) at Oriental Garden. You can visit on Saturday 2 February and enjoy the New Year festivities – or if you can’t make that date then the prize has a three-month expiry date.
For a chance to win, leave the answer to this simple question on the Oriental Garden/Red Dragon Centre giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Closing date for entries is Friday 25 January at 11.59pm.
Q. According to the Chinese zodiac,
2019 is the year of the what?
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of a family meal (up to two adults and two children or one adult and three children) at Oriental Garden at The Red Dragon.
- The prize must be used within three months of the date of issue.
- There is no alternative prize and tickets are non-transferable. The meal cannot be taken at any other food outlet.
- Closing date for entries is Friday 25 January 2019, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Oriental Garden/Red Dragon Centre Chinese new year giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within 48 hours the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of The Red Dragon Centre and Oriental Garden may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.