WIN a family ticket for Hairspray at Wales Millennium Centre
International smash hit musical comedy Hairspray comes to Cardiff later this month, kicking off its new UK tour at Wales Millennium Centre. And you could be there for free with this fantastic giveaway for a family ticket for the 5pm performance on Friday 25th August.
It’s Baltimore, 1962, and Tracy Turnblad is a big girl with big hair and an even bigger dream: to dance her way onto national TV, and into the heart of teen idol Link Larkin. Tracy’s audition makes her a local star and soon she is using her new-found fame to fight for integration. But can she win equality – and Link’s heart?
Hairspray the musical is based on the 1988 film of the same name, which starred Divine and Ricki Lake. The stage show opened to rave reviews on Broadway in 2002 and in London in 2007, with a film of the musical also released in 2007, starring John Travolta, Michelle Pfeiffer and James Marsden.
This new stage production is based on the 1988 film, featuring the iconic music and lyrics by Academy Award, Tony and Emmy winning duo Marc Shaiman and Scott Wittman,with choreography by Olivier Award-winning Drew McOnie and direction from Paul Kerryson.
The cast for the new tour includes Norman Pace (ITV1’s The Hale and Pace Show) as Wilbur Turnblad, Matt Rixon (The Ladykillers, Around the World in 80 Days) reprising his role as Edna Turnblad, musical theatre star Brenda Edwards (Chicago, We Will Rock You, The X Factor) returning as Motormouth Maybelle and Layton Williams (Bad Education, Rent) now starring as Seaweed. Gina Murray (Chicagoand, Full Monty) joins the cast as Velma Von Tussle with Jon Tsouras (Joseph and the Amazing Technicolour Dreamcoat, Crazy for You) once again playing Corny Collins; Edward Chitticks (On the Town, Mamma Mia) as Link Larkin; Aimee Moore as Amber Von Tussle; Annalise Liard-Bailey as Penny Pingleton and Monifa James as Little Inez. Rebecca Mendoza will make her professional debut as Tracy Turnblad.
The show is at Wales Millennium Centre from Wednesday 16th to Saturday 26th August 2017, with tickets costing from £14.50-£47.50. Age guidance: 5+. No admittance to under 2s. The show is approximately 2 hours and 35 minutes, including one interval.
You can book by calling the box office on 029 2063 6464 or by visiting www.wmc.org.uk
(photo taken from 2016 tour)
WIN A FAMILY TICKET TO SEE HAIRSPRAY!
You could be there for free with this brilliant ticket giveaway!
The prize is a family ticket for the performance of Hairspray on Friday 25th August 2017 at 5pm.
A family ticket may be used by two adults and two children, or one adult and three children.
For a chance to win, leave your answer to the following question on the Hairspray post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Q. What is the name of the performer who will be making her
professional debut as Tracy Turnblad when Hairspray
comes to Cardiff on its new UK tour?
Closing date for entries is 11.59pm on Sunday 6th August 2017.
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of a family ticket (2 adults plus 2 children, or 1 adult plus 3 children) to see Hairspray at Wales Millennium Centre on Friday 25th August at 5pm.
- There is no alternative prize.
- Closing date for entries is Sunday 6th August 2017, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- Age guidance is 5+ with no entry for under 2s.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Hairspray ticket giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted by 11.59pm on Friday 11th August the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.