If your children enjoy visiting the dinosaur skeletons and replicas at National Museum Cardiff, then they will love the new Dinosaur Babies exhibition opening later this month. And there’s a chance to be there for free with this giveaway!
Coming to Wales for the first time, the exciting family-friendly exhibition brings together some of the world’s most amazing finds of dinosaur eggs and embryos.
The display includes full size dinosaur skeletons and replicas, touchable models of dinosaur embryos and eggs, as well as a huge 2.5 metre model dinosaur nest.
This is a real opportunity to get up close to the dinosaurs and to learn about dino family life. Visitors can discover how dinosaurs cared for their babies, and learn to identify eggs from different dinosaurs based on their shape and texture. Budding palaeontologists can have a go in the Big Dig Pit, as well as finding out more about different palaeontologists and their dinosaur discoveries.
Dinosaur Babies runs from Saturday 27th May until Sunday 5th November 2017.
Although the rest of the museum is free to visit, Dinosaur Babies is a ticketed exhibition, with adults costing £7; concessions £5; children 4-17 £3; £17 for a family (2 adults plus 2 children) or £13 (1 adult and 3 children). Under 12s must be accompanied by an adult. Children aged 3 years and under are free of charge.
You can buy in advance from Ticketline or on the day at the museum subject to availability. The museum is closed on Mondays.
The museum will also be running a series of free special events surrounding the exhibition. Saturday 27th May, the launch day, will see free family activities between 10am and 4pm where children can dress up as dinosaurs and try out some dino crafts. Free family workshops will also run during the half term week (Tuesday 29th May until Saturday 2nd June, 11am, 1pm and 3pm – book at the information desk on arrival, spaces limited), where you can find out more about baby dinosaurs and make a dinosaur egg craft to take home.
For more information on Dinosaur Babies, visit the museum’s website.
Three lucky families will get to see the Dinosaur Babies exhibition for free with this giveaway.
The prize consists of one family ticket (2 adults plus 2 children or 1 adult plus 3 children) to the exhibition on a day of your choosing, subject to availability.
For a chance to win, leave the answer to this simple question on the Dinosaur Babies giveaway on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Closing date for entries is Sunday 14th May 2017.
Q. What date does the Dinosaur Babies
exhibition open at National Museum Cardiff?
Terms and conditions:
- There are three prizes, each consisting of one family ticket for the Dinosaur Babies exhibition at National Museum Cardiff, which opens on Saturday 27th May and runs until Sunday 5th November 2017.
- There is no alternative prize.
- Closing date for entries is Sunday 14th May 2017, 11.59pm.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Dinosaur Babies post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a direct reply to their comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted by 9am on Friday19th May, the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.