Collaboration with Speedway GP. We will be attending the event in exchange for this post.
One of the biggest nights in the UK motorsport calendar is coming to Cardiff next month, as the Principality Stadium hosts the 2019 Adrian Flux British FIM Speedway Grand Prix (SGP).
The family-friendly World Championship event will see the best riders from across the world race against each on 500cc bikes with a single fixed gear and no brakes at speeds that can exceed 120kmph.
And you could be there for free, thanks to this fantastic giveaway which will see one Cardiff Mummy Says reader winning a family ticket. I also have a 20% discount code for tickets, so do read on for details!
As well as world-class racing, the Adrian Flux British SGP will also be hosting a dedicated Fanzone at City Hall Lawn from 11am until 3:30pm which will be free to attend. The Fanzone will provide an action-packed day of entertainment featuring live performances from special guests, autograph sessions with the SGP riders, Monster Energy entertainment, a range of food and drink stalls and more.
The main event begins at 5pm and, depending on racing, the action will wrap up around 8pm with a closing ceremony including a trophy presentation, victory laps and an award-winning indoor firework display.
Tickets are on sale now, with prices ranging from £20 to £115, and discounts available for families.
In the meantime, you can also check out a spectacular piece of street art, which appeared in Cardiff earlier this month to celebrate the event returning to Cardiff for the 19th year.
The 30-ft graffiti art can be found on Sully’s Café on Quay Street, near the stadium, and depicts two Speedway riders – current champion and British rider Tai Woffinden and former champion Jason Doyle – crashing out of the wall on bikes.
Created by Prime Mural Arts, it took 72 hours and over 100 cans of aerosol to complete.
Steve Gould, Managing Director of BSI Speedway said: “The connection between Speedway and Wales dates back to the 1920s. Over 20,000 people attended the first speedway meeting in Cardiff on Boxing Day in 1928 at the old White City Stadium on Slopper Road.
“Nearly one hundred years later and the sport is still attracting huge crowds to the Welsh capital, so we wanted to mark Speedway returning to Cardiff for its 19th year.
“What better way to celebrate the most exhilarating sport in the world than surprising the city with a giant street art mural that’s guaranteed to stop people in their tracks!”
For more information, or to book tickets for the 2019 Adrian Flux British Speedway Grand Prix, visit the website here.
Use the code 1CARDIFF20 for 20% off ticket prices. This code is valid until Friday 6 September 2019.
Win a family ticket to see the 2019 Adrian Flux British Speedway Grand Prix
at Principality Stadium Cardiff
One lucky Cardiff Mummy Says reader will be able to take their family to see Speedway for free, thanks to this brilliant giveaway.
The prize includes one family ticket for the event for two adults and two children or one adult and three children, worth £150!
For a chance to win, leave your answer to this question on the Speedway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Closing date for entries is Sunday 1 September 2019 at 11.59pm.
Q. On what date does the 2019 Adrian Flux British FIM Speedway Grand Prix
take place at Principality Stadium Cardiff?
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of a family ticket for four (up to two adults and two children under 16 or one adult and three children) to the Speedway Grand Prix at Principality Stadium Cardiff on Saturday 21 September.
- There is no alternative prize and the prize is non-transferable.
- Closing date for entries is Sunday 1 September 2019 at 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Speedway giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within 7 days the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of Speedway, Principality Stadium and Golley Slater PR may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook