Paid collaboration with St Fagans National Museum of History, Cardiff
St Fagans National Museum of History is getting ready for Christmas, with an exciting line-up of festive activities suitable for families.
The open-air living history museum will be holding Christmas activities for families on Saturdays and Sundays in the run up to the big day, from Saturday 30 November to Sunday 22 December. Children and their grown ups can meet Father Christmas, cook with Mother Christmas, write their Christmas letters, and take part in craft activities with the elves.
The museum will be open as normal in the run-up to Christmas, however certain buildings will be accessible to ticket holders only, as Father Christmas and friends get ready to meet the children of South Wales.
All activities are individually priced, providing a festive pick and mix where you can plan your own day out around the rest of what St Fagans has to offer. You can choose from English or Welsh language sessions.
Activities are available on Saturdays and Sundays 30 November to 1 December, 7-8, 14-15, 21 and 22 December from 10.15am-5.30pm. Due to space restrictions please note that each child may only be accompanied by one adult. There is no charge for accompanying adults.
Meet Father Christmas
£7 per child
Father Christmas tell you a tale or two in front of the fire in Cilewent Farmhouse, meet each child individually and give them a gift.
(Welsh sessions 11am-11.30am and 12.30pm-1pm)
Cooking with Mother Christmas
£6 per child
Mother Christmas is busy in the kitchen at Llwyn yr Eos farmhouse. The children will help her make some sweet treats to take home.
(Welsh session 2pm-2.30pm)
Write your Christmas letter in the Victorian Schoolhouse
£5 per child
Each child will meet the elves who will help them write their special letter. Then you’ll pop round to St Fagans’ tiny post office to send it off to the North Pole.
(Welsh session 11.45am-12.15pm)
Christmas Craft with the Elves
£5 per child
It’s been chaos in the workshop this year because the elves are just too naughty! They need your help to come and make some Christmas decorations before they get in trouble. Each child will make their own special decoration to take home and hang on the tree.
(Welsh session 10.15-10.45am)
Plus while you’re there, you can explore the rest of St Fagans, with more than 50 historical buildings from across Wales depicting life across the centuries.
Visit the St Fagans website for more information on Father Christmas and Friends at St Fagans. Activities must be advanced-booked
One lucky winner will receive tickets for two children to experience all the Christmas activities at St Fagans, thanks to this fantastic giveaway worth up to £23 per child. Children will meet Father Christmas or Sion Corn; cook with Mother Christmas, write their Christmas letters in he Victorian school house; and take part in Christmas craft activities with the elves.
The prize is valid on Saturday 30 November or Sunday 1 December between 10.15am and 3pm only.
A maximum of one adult can accompany each child. The minimum advisory age for Father Christmas is 3+ and the other activities are recommended for 5+. Full terms and conditions of the Christmas events at St Fagans can be found here.
For a chance to win, leave the answer to this simple question on the Christmas at St Fagans post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page. Closing date for entries is 11.59pm on Monday 18 November 2019. Good luck.
Q. In which St Fagans building will you be able
to meet Father Christmas this festive season?
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of tickets for two children to experience all the Christmas activities at St Fagans. Children will meet Father Christmas or Sion Corn; cook with Mother Christmas, write their Christmas letters in the Victorian school house; and take part in Christmas craft activities with the elves.
- The prize is valid on Saturday 30 November or Sunday 1 December between 10.15am and 3pm only, with activities booked subject to avaibility.
- A maximum of one adult can accompany each child. The minimum advisory age for Father Christmas is 3+ and the other activities are recommended for 5+. Full terms and conditions of the Christmas events at St Fagans can be found here.
- There is no alternative prize and no cash alternative.
- Closing date for entries is Monday 18 November 2019, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Christmas at St Fagans giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within 72 hours the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of St Fagans and National Museum Wales may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.