WIN a family day out at The Red Dragon Centre, Cardiff Bay – a game for four at Hollywood Bowl plus food at Grill & Shake
*Paid collaboration with The Red Dragon Centre
Families are invited to ‘think green’ this half term at The Red Dragon Centre, as Cardiff Bay’s premiere entertainment destination launches RDC Eco Kids, a series of exciting learning activities set to run at the Centre throughout the year.
The first RDC Eco Kids event takes place on Thursday 31 May in partnership with Eggseeds, Pedal Emporium and Re-create. From upcycling plastic waste, to pedal powered entertainment, the event will raise awareness of plastic pollution through free drop-in activities between 12-4pm.
RDC Eco Kids is part of The Red Dragon Centre’s wider commitment to addressing the critical environmental challenges that face our planet today. Not only are its venues, restaurants and coffee shops taking measures to reduce their carbon footprint, but the Centre wants to inspire, educate and support the younger generation too.
To coincide with the launch event, Eggseeds will also be revealing The Red Dragon Centre’s very first Eco Dragon, made entirely of recycled materials, which will be installed just outside the Centre during May half term.
The first RDC Eco Kids event also coincides with the arrival of the Volvo Ocean Race Stopover in Cardiff. The ultimate ocean marathon will be in the Bay from Sunday 27 May until Sunday 10 June as 66 men and women race the world’s toughest waters, covering a distance of 46,000 nautical miles over eight months. The race’s campaign pledge to turn the tide on plastic fits in perfectly with The Red Dragon Centre’s new initiative. A shocking eight million tonnes of plastic are dumped into the ocean every year. That’s a whole garbage truck per minute – and 80 per cent of that comes from land-based sources.
You can read more about the RDC Eco Kids activity here.
As well as the Eco Kids events there’s plenty more to enjoy at The Red Dragon Centre over half term. The centre – which turned 20 in 2017 – is home to a 26-lane Hollywood Bowl and gaming machines; an ODEON IMAX multi-screen cinema; plus a range of family-friendly restaurants to suit all tastes.
On site customer parking is free, subject to minimum spend and ticket validation.
PLUS if you’re a Star Wars fans then head to The Red Dragon Centre on Bank Holiday Monday 28 May to meet the Stormtroopers. Two mascots will be patrolling The Red Dragon Centre to celebrate the release of Solo: A Star Wars Story at ODEON this May, meeting and greeting visitors at 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm
And looking ahead to June, visitors can celebrate the release of Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom by meeting dinosaurs at The Red Dragon Centre. Rex and his baby dinosaur friends will be making appearances over the weekend of Saturday 9 and Sunday 10 June with T-REX at 12pm, 1pm, 2pm and 3pm; and Baby Dinos at 12.30pm, 1.30pm, 2.30pm & 3.30pm
WIN A FAMILY DAY OUT AT THE RED DRAGON CENTRE
To celebrate the launch of the RDC Eco Kids project and the Volvo Ocean Race Stopover in Cardiff this half term, The Red Dragon Centre is treating one lucky Cardiff Mummy Says reader to a family day out with this fantastic giveaway.
The prize includes a family game of bowling at Hollywood Bowl plus a meal at Grill & Shake. The prize is for up to two adults and two children or one adult and three children. The meal includes one main each plus a complementary round of soft drinks. The prize cannot be used on Bank Holiday Monday 28 May – and if you can’t make half term don’t worry as there will be an expiry date of six months on the prize.
For a chance to win simply write the answer to this question on The Red Dragon Centre giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Q. What is the name of The Red Dragon Centre’s
new initiative to encourage children to ‘think green’
and learn more about the environment?
Closing date for entries is 11.59pm Thursday 24 May 2018. Good luck!
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of a family game of bowling at Hollywood Bowl and a meal at Grill & Shake. The prize is for up to two adults and two children or one adult and three children. The meal includes one main each plus a complementary round of soft drinks. The prize cannot be used on Bank Holiday Monday 28 May and will have an expiry date six months.
- Tickets will be sent to the winner by post.
- There is no alternative prize.
- Closing date for entries is Thursday 24 May, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Red Dragon Centre giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted by 11.59pm on Sunday 27 May 2018 the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of The Red Dragon Centre; Hollywood Bowl and Grill & Shake may not enter this giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
Leave a Reply