Paid collaboration with the Sherman Theatre
One bench, mesmerizing movement and a Remarkable Rhythm.
Bermuda-born, Wales-based dancer, choreographer, writer, and director Krystal S. Lowe has created a show that proves that in every sound and in every pattern there is music, a show that will not only wow you but may even make you dance.
Remarkable Rhythm is currently touring Wales, and will be coming to the Sherman Theatre this Friday and Saturday.
And one lucky Cardiff Mummy Says reader and their family will be there for free, thanks to this fantastic giveaway.
Rhythm is spontaneous and experiences life as movement; and all sound as music. Glas loves life smooth and stable; and prefers things to remain the same. When Rhythm and Glas meet at Bellevue park they have the five days of half-term to see if their friendship is worth keeping once they go back to their separate schools.
Through music and movement and mishap these two young people experience the difficulty and joy in connecting with those unlike themselves.
Will they find a way to create something remarkable; a rhythm that is theirs alone?
Remarkable Rhythm is a dance theatre show for young people 7+ and their families. It is at Sherman Theatre Cardiff as part of its tour of Wales, with performances on Friday 2 June at 2pm and 6.30pm, and Saturday 3 June at 2pm. The performance is around 75 minutes in length, suitable for ages 7 and above.
The performance is audio described, with the two performers speaking a creative audio description of the show while they dance. This show allows access for audiences who are blind or partially sighted. The entire storyline is visually clear to allow Deaf audiences the ability to experience every show fully (all performed text is audio descriptive).
Tickets cost from £9.50 and are available to book now from the Sherman Theatre’s website here.
Win a family ticket to see Remarkable Rhythm at Sherman Theatre, Cardiff
One Cardiff Mummy Says reader and their family will be there for free, thanks to this fantastic giveaway.
The prize includes a family ticket for four (must include at least one adult and at least one child) and can be used at their choice of the performances, Friday 2 June at 2pm and 6.30pm, and Saturday 3 June at 2pm, subject to availability.
For a chance to win, answer this simple question.
Q. In which parks does Rhythm meet Glas?
Leave your answer to this question on the Remarkable Rhythm giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Closing date for entries is Tuesday 30 May, 11.59pm. The winner will be chosen at random and contacted on Wednesday 31 May.
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of a family ticket (includes up to four tickets and must include at least one adult and at least one child) to see Remarkable Rhythm at Sherman Theatre Cardiff. The winner can choose from the Friday 2 June 2pm and 6.30pm, and Saturday 3 June 2pm performance, subject to availability.
- There is no alternative prize and tickets are non-transferable. The tickets cannot be used for any other performances or at any other venue.
- Closing date for entries is Tuesday 30 May 2023 at, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Remarkable Rhythm giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. Due to the time sensitive nature of this giveaway, if the winner cannot be contacted within 12 hours the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of Sherman Theatre Cardiff, Krystal S Lowe or anyone associated with the performance may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.