Paid collaboration with Wallace & Gromit’s Musical Marvels and Carrot Productions
Animated favourites Wallace & Gromit are coming to Cardiff this summer with Wallace & Gromit’s Musical Marvels UK tour, a live interactive experience for families, featuring specially created animations as well as live orchestral accompaniment.
The show comes to Cardiff’s St David’s Hall for two performances on Saturday 1 June at 1.30pm and 6pm as part of a 38-date UK tour – and one lucky winner will be there for free, thanks to this brilliant giveaway for a family ticket to see the show.
Wallace & Gromit’s Musical Marvels features Wallace preparing to perform his musical masterpiece My Concerto in Ee Lad with help from his faithful companion Gromit. But as audiences will soon discover, things never quite run smoothly for this dynamic duo.
This interactive experience features specially created animations as well as live orchestral accompaniment and escapades from the Picture House Orchestra and presenter Matthew Sharp. The show also features a screening of the all-time classic animation, The Wrong Trousers, accompanied by a live orchestra.
We’re looking forward to seeing the show for ourselves on 1 June, as part of the Musical Mayhem blogging team. My children are fans of the animations and it looks like a fun and lively way for them to experience a live orchestra.
Wallace & Gromit’s Musical Marvels has been created by Carrot Productions with Aardman Animations. Carrot Productions are the team behind the highly-acclaimed interactive live experience of The Snowman, which is again accompanied by a live orchestra, and has performed to thousands over the last six years.
Wallace and Gromit are the much-loved creations of Aardman, the world famous, four times Academy Award® winning animation studio, who also created Shaun the Sheep, Creature Comforts and Chicken Run among others. Nick Park’s Oscar-winning The Wrong Trousers was Aardman’s first 30-minute film and is one of the most successful animated films ever made.
Wallace & Gromit’s Musical Marvels is presented by Matthew Sharp, an internationally renowned musician, actor, director and performer. He is recognised as both a compelling classical artist and a fearless pioneer, with his adventures in music and across disciplines described as ‘unrivalled’ and ‘unprecedented’.
The show will tour to 38 major venues across the UK, including London’s Barbican Centre, Manchester’s The Lowry, Birmingham Symphony Hall – and, of course, Cardiff’s St David’s Hall.
You can find out more or book tickets via the Carrot Productions website here.
WIN a family ticket to see Wallace & Gromit’s Musical Marvels at St David’s Hall
Wallace & Gromit’s Musical Marvels is at St David’s Hall on Saturday 1 June with performances at 1.30pm and 6pm.
One lucky family will be there for free thanks to this amazing giveaway for a family performance to either of show.
For a chance to win, leave your answer to the question below on the Wallace & Gromit Musical Marvels post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
Closing date for entries is Friday 8 March, 11.59pm. Good luck!
Q. What is the name of the musical masterpiece Wallace is preparing to perform
in Wallace & Gromit’s Musical Marvels?
Terms and conditions:
- There is one prize, consisting of a family ticket (includes up to four tickets for up to two adults and two children or one adult and three children) to see Wallace & Gromit’s Musical Marvels at St David’s Hall Cardiff on Saturday 1 June. The winner can choose either the 1.30pm or 6pm performance.
- There is no alternative prize and tickets are non-transferable. The tickets cannot be used for any other performances or any other venue.
- Closing date for entries is Friday 8 March 2019, 11.59pm.
- Entrants must be 18 years or over.
- To enter, leave your answer to the above question in the comments section of the Wallace & Gromit Musical Marvels giveaway post on the Cardiff Mummy Says Facebook page.
- The winner will be chosen at random from all correct entries submitted before the closing date. The winner will be informed with a reply to their Facebook comment and a direct Facebook message letting them know they have won. All reasonable attempts will be made to contact the winner. If the winner cannot be contacted within 72 hours the prize will be forfeited and offered to another eligible entrant.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at any time. Any new terms and conditions will be published here.
- Cardiff Mummy Says reserves the right to end this promotion at any time and without notice.
- Cardiff Mummy Says cannot be held responsible for the failure of third party organisations to provide the prize, or for loss, damage or non-arrival of the prizes.
- Relatives of Cathryn Scott, author of Cardiff Mummy Says, may not enter the giveaway.
- Employees and their relatives of Carrot Productions, Aardman Animations, or St David’s Hall may not enter the giveaway.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.