Cardiff Mummy’s amazingly delicious chocolate and peanut butter tray bake squares
If you’re on a diet or healthy eating, then look away now! There is nothing redeeming about these chocolate and peanut butter squares. But they are incredible, even if I do say so myself. In fact, I don’t need to say that myself because everyone I have made them for adores them, so I figured it was only fair to share the love and let you all know the recipe. I can’t claim it as my own creation, as I have adapted my recipe from two other recipes.
I’ve made them for school fayres and family get-togethers and they have always gone down well. In fact, when I made them for the school PTA summer fayre last year, Cardiff Daddy bought half of them himself. They are great to make with children too as it involves no actual baking.
This recipe takes about 15 minutes for me to make on my own, or about 45 minutes when making them with my children. They will then need an hour to set fully.
210g digestive biscuit crumbs (I do mine in the food processor)
1o0g icing sugar
250g peanut butter, I find crunchy works the best
*I’ve also made these without peanut butter and they were just as yummy*
225g butter, melted
350g plain chocolate, broken up into small chunks
1. Lightly grease a baking tray, of around 20cmx30cm in size.
2. In a large bowl, stir together the digestive biscuit crumbs, the icing sugar, the peanut butter and the melted butter.
3. Spoon onto the baking tray, spread with a palate knife and press it firmly into the tray, so that the mixture is level and tightly packed together.
4. Melt the chocolate either in the microwave, or in a glass bowl over a gently simmering saucepan of water.
5. Spoon the chocolate onto the biscuit base, and use a spatula or a palate knife to ensure it covers the base completely.
6. Chill for five to 10 minutes in the fridge until the chocolate is slightly set. Take out of the fridge and cut into squares with a sharp knife. Leave to set fully before serving.
Easy! If you give it a try, let me know how you get on.
Come join me on Facebook or Tweet me on @cardiffmummy
1 Comment to Cardiff Mummy’s amazingly delicious chocolate and peanut butter tray bake squares